Dalton School Hong Kong is a child-centered, dual-language community of global-minded learners and thinkers. We are confident, creative and adaptable, embrace differences, change and challenges. We are happily engaged, self-motivated, resilient and independent. We have a deep sense of responsibility and seek to contribute to the world with dedication, respect and compassion.
Everyone in our community—our students, staff, families, alumni and Board—will live our motto and take the lead in our pursuit of life-long learning: “I am not led, I lead.”
Dalton School Hong Kong will be a leader in education and fulfill our mission by putting the whole child at the center of learning, tailoring the experience to each child’s talents, interests and needs, equipping each to fulfill his or her unique potential through the Dalton Plan, offering an academically rigorous, balanced and engaging intercultural Putonghua/English curriculum, strengthened by collaboration with global leaders, valuing and respecting, developing and supporting our staff, parents and alumni as our students’ partners in learning: adopting and contributing to innovation and educational research in Hong Kong and internationally.
At Dalton School Hong Kong, we believe:
- The child should be the center of education;
- In the integration of Chinese cultures, traditions, and values within the Dalton Plan;
- Bilingual Putonghua and English capabilities are of critical value;
- In educating our students for tomorrow, not for yesterday;
- In collaborating with and serving our students, staff, families, alumni, the Hong Kong community and the global community.